Reshaping academic communication. Liberating the scholarship from commercial publisher cabal. Uniting global Jewish scholarship
OA Scrolls News
- National Library of Medicine (NLM by NIH) PubChem ...
- World Digital Library Planned, Washington Post Say...
- Library of Congress(LOC) and Google Talk to Press ...
- Open Access (OA) and Other Kinds of Openness in Bi...
- Parliaments Must Ensure Freedom of Information and...
- National Library of Medicine Project Will Help Res...
- Experts Recommend NIH Public Access To Artciles Be...
- Indian President Wants Indian Libraries Digitized ...
- Open Access (OA) Repository of Medline Citations
- Scholarly plug-ins for Firefox
Current scholar publishing models are not economically sound and do not serve the public interest. Academic researchers, faculty and students have access to a decreasing fraction of relevant scholarship. But new software tools and technologies are being developed, tested and implemented. This Scroll will help scholars to realise that the responsibility and rights of regaining control of scholarly communication rests with them.
Israel Scholar is a web based independent non-profit educational organization. Run by scholars, it aims to promote and unite global Israel Scholarship. Israel Scholar, its partners in Israel and across the global academic world are reshaping scholarly communication. Taking advantage of the modern Internet technology and its' end-user availability, Israel Scholar is setting the Israel Scholar Archive, where every Israel and/or Jewish scholar could personally permanently archive his or her creative work, and make it freely available for peers and for the public. Such archive will thus provide a platform to have Israel scholars rights to regain control over their scholarship realised easily. More info on Israel Scholar Archive is available here.
Feedback and Subscribe
In case you would like to be updated on the coverage of the issues of Israel Scholarly Communication and Israel Scholar Works Digital Archive please use this web form to request your free subscription to Israel Scholar occasional news or send us an email.
Donations & Support
As a volunteer-based organization, Israel Scholar presently stands most in need of dedicated volunteers who can work on software, documentation, or administrative issues within each of the Israel Scholar projects. If you'd like to contribute financially to Israel Scholar, we would greatly appreciate it. Currently, the bulk of our financial obligations are going towards providing our technical infrastructure - the servers and bandwidth that we require. Israel Scholar also needs legal support for our projects requiring qualified legal counsel. Donations to support Israel Scholar can be made via a secure online PayPal transaction. If you have a specific target or project that you wish to directly support, please contact us. We will do our best to satisfy your wishes. If you would like more information about supporting us your way, please contact Israel Scholar for more information. All information will be kept in strictest confidence.
OA Scrolls Menu
OA Scrolls Links
OA in Israel
Internet Security Software
XML syndication powered by:
- Harman Science Library @Givat Ram, Hebrew University of Jerusalem Library Authority
- TAU Gitter-Smolarz Library of Life Sciences and Medicine
- Penn Libraries: Winning Independence
- Georgia State University Library
- Wikipedia Open Access
- List MedlibL@tauex.tau.ac.il
- Answers.com Open Access
- PsychCentral OA
Event Poster Board
OA Scrolls Menu
- The Mission
- Feedback? Subscribe?
- Helpful links
- Open Access (OA)
- OA in Israel
- Recent content
- Israel Cultural Events
- Back to the page top
December 06, 2005
Copyright © 2005 Israel Scholar .Org, P.O.Box 1665, Rehovot 76100, Israel tel: (97254)2236492